Mental Health & Wellbeing Policy
• To build and maintain a workplace environment and culture that supports healthy lifestyle choices.
• To increase worker knowledge and awareness of health and wellbeing issues and healthy lifestyle behaviours.
• To facilitate workers active participation in a range of initiatives that support health and wellbeing.
• To encourage workers to be more physically active by making provisions in the workplace for activity opportunities (including reducing sitting time where relevant and practical).
• To provide healthy eating choices in the workplace through addressing healthy physical settings, such as food storage and preparation; food access and supply; and education.
• To promote a smoke free workplace environment and support workers to quit smoking.
• To promote worker social and emotional wellbeing through workplace practices and policies.
• To provide access to information and resources that increase worker knowledge and awareness around key health areas, including the risk associated with alcohol consumption.
Workers are encouraged to:
• Understand this policy and seek clarification from management when required.
• Consider this policy while completing work-related duties and at any time while representing the organisation.
• Support fellow workers in their awareness of this policy.
• Support and contribute to providing a safe, healthy and supportive environment for all workers.
Managers have responsibility to:
• Ensure all workers are made aware of this policy.
• Actively support and contribute to the implementation of this policy, including its goals and objectives.
• Manage the implementation and review of this policy
• All workers receive a copy of this policy during the induction process.
• This policy is easily accessible by all members of the organisation.
• Workers are informed when a particular activity aligns with this policy.
• Workers are empowered to actively contribute and provide feedback to this policy.
• Workers are notified of all changes to this policy.
Policy Monitoring and Review:
• This policy will be reviewed annually.
• The effectiveness of the policy will be assessed through feedback from workers and management; and a review of the policy by management and committee to determine if objectives have been met and to identify barriers and enablers to ongoing policy implementation.